WSU is located in the mid highlands of southern Ethiopia. Specifically, it is found in Wolaita Zone, Sodo (6°49’N latitude and 37°45’E longitude) in the hub of Southern Regional State. The university is situated in the southern outskirt of Sodo town at the altitude of 1800 meters above the sea level. The area is enjoying a tropical climate, on average, 1,212 mm of annual rain fall and 20°c of mean monthly temperature.
What Makes WSU Special?
Tips with in its Environs : WSU is hosted in the:
- City of a real 13 months sunshine and centre for business;
- Area endowed with diversified natural resources and favorable climate for human as well as animal habitation
- Untapped irrigable rivers that can be used for agriculture
- Diverse types of crops growing that can be input for agro-industries
- Areas ideal for tourist attraction and recreation
- A guest house facility in the down town.
- Regional Soil Laboratory and Diary Farm with in the town
Tips with in the Campus :
- WSU has got two campuses 7kms apart; the main campus (Gandaba) and its young branch Otona Campus (in the same town Wolaita Sodo)
- The Otona Compus (where a huge construction is under way) hosts its own hospital with potential facility and rich experienced professionals.
- Full on Campus a accommodation for all regular students
- On Campus accommodation for 201 staff.
- Broad band internet facility